USEF Offers Sportmanship Award
Hackney or Shetland Youth Encouraged to Apply for the 2011 USEF Youth Sportsmanship Award
The 2011 USEF Youth Sportsman’s Award application is available on the USEF website at: www.usef.org/_IFrames/Youth/sportsmansAward
This sportsmanship award recognizes youth members of both the United States Equestrian Federation and affliated breed associations for their participation in the community and equine industry. The honor is focused on developing leaders in the equine industry.
There will be National Winners selected by the USEF Recognized Affiliates and these recipients will be honored during the 2012 USEF Annual Meeting. Each will receive a $500.00 grant to be paid to the educational program of his or her choice and will be invited to attend the USEF Annual Meeting as the Federation's guest, to attend committee and board meetings, a career opportunity session and awards banquet. Meals, accommodations and travel expenses (up to $500.00) will be provided for all who are invited to participate.
The overall winner of the 2011 USEF Youth Sportsman's Award will receive a $1,000 grant payable to the educational program of choice and a USEF Life Membership valued at $2,500, a commemorative trophy, as well as an invitation to the USEF Annual Meeting and career session. The winner will also be one of the nominees for the USEF Junior Equestrian of the Year Award.
To be considered for the award, the following criteria must be met:
• Have a current membership in good standing with a USEF Recognized Affiliate or International Discipline Association
• Be 17 years of age or under, as of December 1, 2010
• Demonstrate an ongoing commitment and dedication to the promotion of equestrian sport
• Serve as a positive role model for peers
• Participate at any level of competition, including local, regional or national events
• Be involved with their community
• Exhibit characteristics that exemplify positive sportsmanship principles
You can learn more and download all the necessary forms by visiting the USEF website and referring to the youth program option under the “membership” link.
If you have questions about this program related to your affliated breed, please contact the following:
American Shetland Pony Club, Inc.
American Hackney Horse Society